CONNECTLink is a one-stop portal for employers in Southeastern Massachusetts to publicize internships and jobs to all five CONNECT colleges and universities: Bridgewater State University, Bristol Community College, Cape Cod Community College, Massasoit Community College, and University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. Enter your information once, and it will be distributed to all five schools!
CONNECTLink provides an easier way for companies to access the talent on our campuses and will expand experiential learning opportunities for our students. Click here to view the video.
Note: The CONNECTLink Portal is for use by EMPLOYERS
ONLY to get internship and job postings to the CONNECT campuses. STUDENTS
LOOKING FOR INTERNSHIPS should not use CONNECTLink, rather, should search
internships directly through their home campus's Career Service or Co-op
To use CONNECTLink, employers first must create a profile with the system. Employers who are already registered with one of our campuses will need to register again with the CONNECTLink website. (Employers who wish to continue working with only a campus where they have already established an account may do so, and need not enter information into the CONNECTLink portal.) You may elect to feed your information to all five campuses, or to select schools. Students will continue to access postings through their home institutions.
Once your Employer Profile is created you will be able to begin entering jobs. Employer postings and job listings are automatically fed to the individual campuses, where they are reviewed by each campus and are approved or rejected at the institutional level. You will receive communications from each individual campus letting you know whether your profile and jobs are approved.
Click HERE to get started. Contact the individual campuses for any questions about their policies and guidelines or whether listings have been approved or received: Click here for contact information.
For questions about username, password, or entering information into the CONNECTLink system, please call the CONNECT office at 508.531.1440 or 508.531.1437.
CONNECTLink policies for employers
All employer approvals and job postings are reviewed by each institution, and accepted or rejected according to the policies of that college or university. Click on this contact list to view the policies at each school, and to contact representatives at each campus with any questions: CONNECT Internship Offices Contacts.
Overarching policies common to all five institutions are the following:
- The CONNECT colleges and universities provides this website as a free service for employers, students and community members. They make no guarantee that a qualified applicant will be found for any given listing. CONNECT and its member institutions do not guarantee that the service will function error-free or uninterrupted.
- The CONNECT colleges and universities retain the right to refuse, for any reason, any employer the opportunity to post internship or employment opportunities on this website.
- Employers who post on CONNECTLink agree to manage their own postings through the system. Internship postings may be kept open for one year. Postings for full- and part-time jobs may be kept open for three months. Employers can enter the system to renew the listing if the position has not been filled within that time period.
- CONNECT STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that interns be compensated in accordance with Department of Labor standards: http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs71.pdf. Other internship requirements:
- · Professional experience which relates to the student's major field or area of career interest
- · At least 80% professional work
- · No fewer than 45 hours of work, if the student is to receive academic credit
- · Requires continuous supervision by a professional in the field (not a student).
- To be eligible to recruit students for employment on this website your organization must be a corporation, a limited liability partnership (L.L.P.), a not-for-profit [501(c)(3)] organization, a government agency or an educational institution.
- Positions that require prospective employees to purchase products or services, or positions involved in a "pyramid" or multi-level type networking structure requiring or encouraging the recruitment of others to sell products or services are not permitted. No door-to-door sales, home-based businesses, or “business opportunity” postings are allowed. Positions that pay a commission-only salary will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Third party recruiters, search firms, employment consultants, and placement services must identify themselves as such, must disclose client’s name and contact information, and must not require a placement fee from the student, consistent with NACE’s Principles for Professional Practice: http://www.naceweb.org/principles/?referal=knowledgecenter&menuID=203&nodetype=4#thirdparty
- Employers using this service agree that no qualified student shall be discriminated against or excluded from any benefits, activities, or programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, political belief or affiliation, and veteran status. They further agree to provide the intern or employee a working environment free from sexual harassment and unlawful discrimination.
- The employers who post on CONNECTLink agree to provide the intern or employee with a safe, professional and supervised environment, and guarantee that work will take place in a commercially-zoned office, industrial or professional physical location.
- Employers agree to provide adequate protection to the employee through Workers’ Compensation and/or liability insurance as required by law and in compliance with OSHA regulations.
Click HERE to Start Your Profile